Friday 13 December 2013

A Little Bit Of Masculinity

Lately I have really into the masculine look as I've been doing a shirt project and the way tailoring is making the female body both either more feminine or slightly masculine looking. Fashion is whatever you want it to be. What look do you want? Who do you want to be today? Do you want to be a girlie girl? Do you want to be strong and empowering? Sharp angles or curves? Wearing the right clothes makes all the difference to your look.
The masculine look can still be feminine, all you need is a nice pair of heels, added with a sharp blazer and some black trousers and that's the look sorted. 

One of my favourite looks is from Dior AW12/13. This is a perfect example of making the masculine look work for you. 
What I love about this look and style is the clean cut and empowering look it has. I think a look like this for work will really make you stand out and make you feel like more confident. If its one thing that I believe in its that if you dress the why you want to feel or you will behave that way. 
Whenever I have had any exams I have gone into my exam with a blazer, heels and just looked really pretty and smart and something about that feeling mentally helped me. I would come out feeling like I had done my best and I didn't come out thinking that I could have done better during that exam.
Ruffian AW11/12

This look is a casual masculine style; slightly buttoned down silk blouse, slouchy trousers yet elegant looking with heels. It has that strong masculine feel but it looks classy, edgy and modern.
I think if you have the confidence to wear this style then you should wear it with pride. 















No comments:

Post a Comment