Monday 26 May 2014

Joshua Petker

JOSHUA PETKER

Last week when I had lunch and a catch up with one of my friends she introduced me to the works of illustrator Joshua Petker. What really drew me to his work was the use of colour and the way that it looked realistic yet surreal at the same time.

Doing fashion I always like to look at new ways of expressing what I am thinking and I like the way that completely irrelevant colours are used to give it a little extra. I like how many different hues and blends of colour are used as well as the variety of brush strokes and texture. 



With this image I really like the usage and build-up of the background colour as well as the strokes and glasses of blues and yellows. I really like the realistic look of the girl in this image and the way that it gives a young playful yet curious feel. 


With this image I really like the watery effect that it has, it looks as if your looking though a waterfall and seeing a person behind it distorted by the way the water falls and ripples. What I love about this image is that you can clearly see the face and the mood is quite soft and gental around her and then darker around the edges where the bird/butterfly (unsure what it is) are.

When I look at this image I wonder what she's looking at and why is she behind or peering though water? 


And finally there is this more fashion illustration by Petker. I really like the way that the girls facial features are the strongest point in this image and how her hair and jacket are water coloured and almost look passive instead of in the forefront as I feel it draws curiosity into the over all look.

MelanieKatelin
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment