Wednesday 19 June 2013

19-06-2013

Wednesday 19th June 2013

Today has been BRILLIANT!!!!!

We had a One-BC field trip out to fabric houses so that all the swatch books could be updated and we also had the chance to look around at all of the fabric.... BAD IDEA!!!! I fell in love with EVERYTHING!!!!!!

We first went to Bateman Ogden and all that I have to say is WOW.. You know the rush of when you are about to get something new and exciting, or as the saying goes....:

I felt like a kid in a candy shop!

It was literally as through Christmas AND my Birthday had both come round at the exact same time. The amount of wool blends that there were was crazy!! 


This wool blend and colour was MY FAVOURITE!! I think it was a 160 Wool Mohair blend but I'm not 100% sure :/ I sooooo should have taken note right?! 

But either way, this wool blend was soft and I have not seen any suiting fabric this colour!! BEAUTIFUL!

I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT! can you tell? hehe


This is also a quick shot that I took of the linings that were there upstairs and under the table were loads of remnants and Bateman let me take two remnants for a fraction of the price which was just wonderful. The items that I took were from rolls that were now discontinued and I think that its brilliant that I can create my first item out of suiting fabric. I think that I am going to make a bralette as there is not really enough fabric to make anything else. 

So I now have a fun and exciting project ahead!! woooooooo hoooooo.

We also brought some beautiful fabric which is 80% wool and 20% silk, you would not believe how soft it is. You have so got to feel it! I am hoping to create some high waisted smart sorts out of the meter that I brought. I will add LOADS of pictures of my projects on here and on my Instagram ---> @melaniekatelin.

But before you think that I have finished, we also went to Huddersfield Cloth where we didn't really look at much fabric, but we did have a lot at a lot of swatches and we did see the lining room which was lovely!!! 

I also was given some remnants from here at discounted prices which I will be making hopefully a small shirt which will be GREAT fun!!

Today was lovely!!!! 

Had a great time with Reeta and Stephanie and I cannot wait until tomorrow for a day at college and for a day at work.

Also Follow -----> @One_BC on instagram!!!



I Love this stripy shirt fabric from the fabric book. It was amazing, so colourful and different. 


Three of the fabric pattens from the fabric book.


And another!!!


Reeta looking at the fabric swatches.


This is a photo from my instagram @melaniekatelin I just felt like doing a collage hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment