Tuesday 26 February 2013

Crazy Talent!

Now I've just been on my facebook account and I have just seen the most amazing photo shoot! It is absolutely breath taking. The colours just pop and it looks so colourful I think this may be due to the Frida Kahlo inspiration but anyway its amazing and you need to check it out! The photographer's name is Elspeth Van Der Hole and I will link you to her page HERE<<< CLICK IT! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TOO

I meet Elspeth a few months ago now completely as a coincidence, but as I like her page and have her photography page as a friend, I have noticed how amazing her work is. She did my first photoshoot for me and this is quite a fun and random story. 

I was location scouting for my a place to take my photoshoot for my Cape Project (below) and I went to the Pitcher and Piano in Nottingham just to see if I'd be able to do a photoshoot as it was the perfect location due to the fact that it used to be a church! Anyways, I got told that a photoshoot was taking place already, and as I left there were three girls sat out side and cheekily I  asked whether they would "do a photoshoot for my cape?" and she did and this is a little of what I was sent back.

                         Photographer - Elspeth Van Der Hole, MUA and Model -  Bethany Dobson

I was so pleased and really happy by the way that it had turned out, I felt like it made my garment so much stronger as a piece for my portfolio. To add to that, when I have had any interviews this is my first portfolio sheet and the interviewers mention how well made and professional it all looks and that just makes me feel so proud of my work and I really have to thank this girl for everything that she has done! Hopefully in the future I will be working with her on some more projects as I think she is amazing!! 

But ENOUGH about me, LOOK at these pictures and let me know what you think!! I know you will TOTES agree!!!! LOVE IT...

The project was done by 2nd year Nottingham Trent students for their conceptual project - "Styling Elective" and this shoot may be used by Nottingham Council to promote the Tropical House! Fingers crossed that it does as if I saw this I would definitely want to go and check this place out! I mean imagine just sitting there just for a little while, it would be complete paradise in the middle of a busy city!

Photographer - Elspeth Van Der Hole
MUA & Model - Becki Knight
Rachel Thom
Melahat Uskuri
Kirsten Tinkler
Sophie Thompson
Shweta Shah

Dress - Monsoon

Jacket - Cow

Jacket - Cow        Top - Riess        Headband (just seen) made by Melahat Uskuri

This is actually a reflection of the water!!! WOW!  Twin Set - Topshop

Twin Set - Topshop

Dress- French Connection

Dress - French Connection
 So I know what I think but let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment