Sunday 24 February 2013

The Selection by Kiera Cass

So I got this book on Wednesday and 3 days later I have finished this wonderful book! Originally I was not going to get this book as it seemed too girly and I just didn't know whether it was for me but after going to the counter at Seven Stories and finding out the the book I had chosen would more than likely dissapoint me I decided that I would go and re-think my book choice and I was advised by a read-a-holic and a lovely lady from the book museum that this book was better than I would think and that I would have a real giggle. So I have to thank her very much and I am going to link you to her blog if you too are a read-a-holic so I suggest you  <CLICK HERE!>

ANYWAYS....

About the Book.

THE SELECTION by Kiera Cass

This book is the bachelor meet Kate and Wills (sort of) with a mash up of the hunger games all in one! I started reading it and I will admit it took me about 3-4 chapters to really get into the story line but once I was, I was hooked! So I guess your wondering what on earth is so good about this book right? Well.....

The selection is about a girl named America who lives in the future and there have been 4 world wars (so I guess in words this of the hunger games and how they are divided into sectors). Now in this kingdom people are in classes from 1-8, one being the king and queen and royal family etc, 2 being the rich and famous, and 8 being the homeless and needy, 6  being the help and 5 (the category that America is) being talented musicians or painters.
So if you have read or seen the Hunger Games thats pretty easy to wrap your head around.

Now everyone is getting excited at the beginning because 'The Selection' has been announced apart from out lead girl (America). Girls from all categories are allowed to enter the lottery for The Selection where thirty-five girls will be chosen to move into the palace and get to know Prince Maxon and become the future Queen. It is aired that America is one of the chosen girls and is to leave immediately. However America is in love with a Six but she is heart broken by the way he broke up with her so in not so many words she is seeing this as a holiday and a way to earn money for her family back home.

America and Prince Maxon become friends immediately after she gives him a good hiding which is hilarious to read! She sees this as good food and a way to sustain her family and in now way wants to get to know Prince Maxon but from the beginnign they make a truce and America become his confidence and they really get to know one another. And it leaves you on a totally exciting cliff-hanger!!

And before I COMPLETELY spoil it for you, you better go and pick up your copy of this book, its a really good read and I cannot wait for the next book to come out!!!

HURRY UP!! please :)

No comments:

Post a Comment