Thursday 28 February 2013

Fairy Tale?

I was on my laptop earlier and I came through a picture that I had saved ages ago, this picture...


Fiona Quinn - Rapunzel
I really love how this looks and feels, its just such a different shoot and I think that it is very beautiful and fits in as inspiration to a lot of things even if it is only for the photography style. I think that Fiona Quinn has really represented it well and that you should go to her website and see if you can gain any inspiration from anything else CLICK HERE!. Below is the shoot for Sleeping Beauty and Snow White.

From seeing this image I thought of maybe doing a fairy tale themed concept? But I think I might try to look at darker fairy tales or ones with twists, mainly looking at the Brother Grimm fairy tales as they are the true endings and versions of the stories. This or either looking at the villains as I don't want my FMP to be all fluffy and light, I'd like it to have a twist, I'd like it to have more depth into it.
Anyways, I came across this shoot by Fiona Quinn and I thought that it was quite inspirational (although it is they fluffy kind of tale image) and I thoughts that a quick blog about it would be a good idea :)

Sleeping Beauty

I really love this shot of Sleeping Beauty, I think that it has been cleverly made and I love how she's bleeding on the finger that she has pricked to!

I really love the styling and I overall find this really inspiring.


Fiona Quinn - Sleeping Beauty
Fiona Quinn - Sleeping Beauty
 
Snow White

I really like how this shoot for Snow White, yet how unconventionally it is, it looks more like the evil step-mother don't you think?

The colours are all very bright and vivid and I think the contrast really works.

Fiona Quinn - Snow White
Fiona Quinn - Snow White

I hope that this has been inspiring for any project or just interesting to read and look at :) I have added a link for Fiona Quinn's page.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment