Wednesday 6 March 2013

Beautiful Creatures


Beautiful Creatures - Review.
I wanted to wait before I wrote a post about the book as I wanted to watch the film too so that I could basically give my views on both of them as a whole and I'm so glad that I have.

The Book.
I was completely gripped with the book by the first 15 pages. This book took me 4 days to read and I went to see the film yesterday and on Waterstone's buy one get one half price, I brought the next two! hehe

The book is so much fun, I was there almost shouting to tell Ethan (male character) what to do! I just wanted it to work out! The end (which I will not tell, read it yourself!) was so sad that I think I may have shed a tear or two! 

The writers have really made this book so detailed and descriptive and plan beautiful, it is such a good read so if you’re bored or don't really have anything to do go read this book, you will not be disappointed and before you say I've seen the film, think again!

The Book

The Film.
Wow it was good, like real good! The only bad and annoying thing for me was mainly Ethan's accent, not what I had pictured when I was reading the book! 

The film was as good as the book and this is purely because I saw something different, admittedly I did compare it to the book and when the beginning was not the same as the book I was like NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! But the more it got into it, the more I realised that it was all slightly different, the ending ended in a WHOLE new way and the library was very different to how it was written. 

BUT... BUT...
It was still as good as the book due to the difference it had, it created a whole new way of seeing it, it did bring things to life that you hadn't thought of before, and it was still a sad ending!  
Watch it, it's not like any other supernatural film that I have seen and it is so good but if you watch the film you HAVE to read the book to!
  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment