Wednesday 6 March 2013

FMP UPDATE


FINAL MAJOR PROJECT.

Thought that I would post a little update on how the progression for my FMP is going. Today I had to have a talk with my tutor and we decided which of my three mood boards had the best idea for the production of my collection for the end of my Foundation in Art and Design. 

I had three topic ideas:
  • Tudors/Elizabethan Era
  • Fairy Tale
  • Science
I was going to show you my mood boards unfortunately my scanner is not working so I will have to upload it another time, I will try to do it ASAP!!

Now normally it's really easy to decide which is the right topic idea for each person by the idea which excited them the most. However, I had to be difficult and decided that I really really really wanted to do both the Tudors/Elizabethan and the Fairy Tale idea. This then lead to me having to carry on researching and putting the pros and cons to each project so that I could decide which would be the most interesting and fun to do.

By the end of about an hour of debating with myself I decided with the help of my tutor that it would be best if I did the Tudors/Elizabethan Era idea as there was a lot more that I can do for it and there is a lot more that I can use as Primary research (VERY IMPORTANT!!) as well as Secondary. 

Next Wednesday, I am going to London with my friend from college and we are going to go to:
Now currently at the V&A, there is a Treasures of the Royal Courts Exhibition which I will be visiting which has treasures from Queen Elizabeth 1st and her father King Henry 8th, so I should get a lot of visual primary research done in my first week. Also a fact that I read earlier was that Queen Elizabeth 1 lived at Somerset House as a Princess until she became Queen. 

I'm about to start my plan for the next 8weeks of my life! 
Wish me LUCK!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment