Monday 25 March 2013

CAD - Day 1

Today has been my first day learning how to use CAD for fashion. I am doing a short course at Nottingham Trent University as I feel that this is a skill that is worth knowing and I know that it will help me when I am at University. (CAN NOT WAIT NOW!!)

So today we were working on Adobe Illustrator which I have managed to get along with and I have had so much fun! I really really love doing this and tomorrow I am going to be creating designs for my FMP so wooooo! This is so relevant and hopefully it will also help with my grade.

Today we were just getting used to the basics so - Pen Tool  (TOTES my new bf! it just gets me ;) hehe )
We also changed the lines to show Top Stitch, Twin Needle Stitching and Seam joints, I also added in fabric creasing to make it seem more realistic. Unfortunatly I do not have my copy of what I have done today on me so when I get into the Uni tomorrow I shall try to upload what it is that I am currently doing. BTW I CADed (made up word) some High Waisted Shorts which I am rather proud of!!!

Have you done/do CAD? Tell me of your expreience!!

Melanie Katelin
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment