Saturday 16 March 2013

This Week: FMP

Wednesday 6th March ( I know its not this week!)
I went into college today to decide what I will do as my Final Major Project Topic. I sat with my tutor and unfortunately it was not easy to decide which was best suited for me, therefore I did more research and decided that I would be able to find more resources and information about the Tudors and that I would more than likely prefer this topic idea. When I was younger I loved loved loved Queen Elizabeth 1 and the stories of Henry VIII and his six wives, so in a way it is really fun and exciting to bring my childhood memories into this project.

Monday 11th March
So so so ill! I spent today just sleeping and got nothing done at all! Such a shame.

Tuesday 12th March
I went into college for 1 hour to speak to my tutor and then came home and drew from Elizabeth: The Golden Age. I managed to get a lot of information from this film and some really nice sketchbook pages that I have taken a lot of time over (I was told to slow down and take more care!) and I believe that it has really paid off.

Wednesday 13th March
I went to London today with my friend Megan, it was really fun and we found a lot of primary research with is AMAZING!!
We went to the Victoria and Albert Museum where we went to see the Treasures of the Royal Courts exhibition which I found rather disappointing and although this is mainly due to the fact that I was not allowed to spend time in the room and draw from the exhibition and also because I had personally thought that there were going to be crowns and jewels, however I did see Henry VIII's Armour which was pretty cool! (boy was he fat by the way! and short, haha).
After the exhibition we went to the Fashion area of the museum which was so much fun we spent 2 hours in about a quarter of the room! hahaha so bad but the garments were beautiful! There was one which I loved from 1755-60 which was the Court Mantua (imaged below) which was so beautiful and detailed and I think I spent a whole hour just studying this garment!
I also really liked the menswear from around about 1790 and their bows! LOVED THE BOWS!  (pictured below)
Afterwards we went to the Natural History Museum across the road and saw the dinosaurs purely for fun and went to see all the stuffed animals which was research before heading over to Somerset House.
Now I was really disappointed by Somerset House when I read the website it has a whole section called 'The Tudor Palace' which I read and found out that Princess Elizabeth 1 lived there when she was younger and I assumed that the would be rooms set up in that sort of style. I got told that there were two but you had to book to see them! :( But on the plus side there was a Wool House Exhibition which was fantastic and really interesting! Loved all the rooms and the colab with Alexander McQueen for a beautiful wall hanging!

18th Century Fashion V&A

18th Century Fashion V&A


Thursday 14th March
I drew from Elizabeth: The Golden Age (finished the film off) and The Other Boleyn Girl.

Friday 15th March
I was going to go to Wollaton Hall, however my tutor said it would be nice if I did some secondary research. So I went to the library got loads of magazines and Tudor fashion and history books which are at home right now!! I also did a few sketchbook pages and came up with the title for my FMP (what do you think)
Divorced Beheaded Died Divorced Beheaded Survived
Simple and rather long but it rhymes and I think is quite catchy and it just fits in with the whole era.

No comments:

Post a Comment