Thursday 28 March 2013

CAD - Last Day - Outcomes

I have really enjoyed doing this course! If your at all interested in fashion, graphics or just like computers then it is something to look into. I have decided to do this course purely for the fashion side of things and to improve my portfolio, however, it just so happened to land perfectly with my FMP and now I have some professional looking designs to take back to college with me and I have the knowledge and skills to get by if I want to create any more styles or colour schemes. Actually pretty much anything!

My tutor for this course was Erica Godfrey and she has been such a wonderful tutor. She really knew what she was talking about and she made it so easy to understand what it was that you were about to go and do or what you should have done. Erica really showed me some cool tricks to do on Illustrator and Photoshop and I have had such a great time and she is so talented int what she does it's crazy! And if you click HERE you can go to her website!! OMG, OMG, OMG its so EXCITING!

This was created by Melanie Katelin, Please do not take credit for my work. Thank you

This is the first mood board that I created was for my colour scheme 'Revenge' which is Gold, Black and Red. I have scanned images in from my sketchbook and used them as you can see with the yellow illustrations that are slightly dimmed. These images do have effects on them which were created on Adobe Illustrator with Live Trace on CS6 and I used the 6 colour effect.

On this board I also have all my illustrations which clearly show the front and the back as well as the stitches and seam lines. I have put a brief description and I have created colour blocks which are shown along the bottom of the page.

I also did a Blue, Sliver and White board that goes with my colour scheme which is called 'Ice Royal'. I have tried to use a different lay out for this board to make it more interesting and to make it seem as though it is of a different design.
This was created by Melanie Katelin, Please do not take credit for my work. Thank you.
All that I have done with this board is change the layout completely. I have made half of the page an image and on the other half shown my ideas with a small description. Again with this mood board I have used my own illustration from my sketchbook which was simply scanned in and then I have edited my image on Adobe Illustrator and put my colour scheme circles along the edge of the page.

I think that both boards are slightly different in layout and style and I have worked with all my components that I had to work with. Please feel free to use my examples as inspiration or as a guide but do not claim this as your own as I have dedicated a lot of time to this project and to my CAD course. Also if you want more inspiration visit http://www.coroflot.com/people#keyword=fashion I found so may inspiring boards that have helped me create the two above which I am so proud of!

Let me know what you think and if you have made any boards please leave a link so I can see your amazing work :)

Melanie Katelin
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment